Job Title: eCommerce Manager
Do you want to help people who are passionate about baking/sweets, who love learning, desire a creative outlet and often feel a bit different than everyone else? Are you passionate about all things eCommerce? Come be the cherry on top of our growing team as we strive to create a positive impact on our community of 8 million + cake lovers.
Location: Remote – Toronto, and EST Preferred
Comp range: $70-75K
We help create IN-clusive content, experiences, and products that surprise and delight, improve skills and keep customers laughing along the way. We will know we are successful when our community consistently lets us know we add value to their lives, and when How To Cake It is a premier, global brand where baking meets entertainment and smiles.
Why this role exists:
Imagine already having an 8 Million people audience and growing to sell your products to! It is an eCommerce Cake Lover WONDERLAND with sprinkles on top! We are looking to add our next strategic colleague to the eCommerce department to take this company to the next galaxy and beyond!
We are looking for the eCommerce Manager to bring their passion to the day-to-day management and optimization of all things eCommerce, including but not limited to, the maintenance and optimization of: the website, membership services, customer experience, eCommerce operations, fulfillment and logistics, product development and catalogues, product packaging, participation in online marketplaces (like Amazon) and select marketing and business development projects (trade shows, wholesale/ retailer partnerships).
What’s in it for me?
There is a HUGE success story just waiting for you with an audience of over 8 Million people and growing. We are a content and product brand and the potential for eCommerce growth is incredible given that we have barely scratched the surface! So far we have only focused on testing, iterating, and getting our feet wet. If you are excited about not only making a MAJOR impact within eCommerce, but also a positive impact on the lives of our cake-loving community, this incredible opportunity is for you!
- 5 years+ experience in managing an eCommerce site and have touched everything from product development to delivery.
- Manage and consistently optimize all things eCommerce!
- Ensure that all department activities lead towards the accomplishment of our overall client-centric mission and department KPIs
- Oversee and constantly enhance the entire customer journey and experience - from landing page to check out, delivery, retention and resell
- Own and maintain our website so that it remains one of the fastest, most responsive, easiest to navigate and most importantly, frictionless/conversion generating eCommerce sites around!
- Assist in the creation and delivery of products, packaging, and experiences that provide value for our members’ clients and encourage high adoption
- Remain in constant contact and communication with the Director of Operations & Marketing, Head of Content and third parties (fulfillment team) to stay current on customer needs and delivery experience
- Test and optimize department initiatives and industry best practices and track/analyze data to report and provide insight for further optimization
Core Competencies + Skills:
- Eat, sleep and breathe eCommerce - Be passionate and hungry to devour everything about this industry
- Product and customer-centric - i.e. obsessed with the quality of our product offering, and with improving the lives of our customers
- Resourceful - Adept at using data and customer feedback to help pivot quickly and implement strategic cost-effective solutions to technical and operational challenges
- Highly computer and tech-literate - can easily jump between building spreadsheets (AirTable), to managing the back-end of Shopify, to punching up graphic designs if need be
- Relationship building, liaising and communication skills - have experience working with graphic designers, developers, 3PLs/ fulfillment companies, communicating with customers, etc. (Understands tech/web/operations design speak)
- Excited to deliver a fun, valuable, quality customer experience from the website experience, through purchase, delivery and resell
- Enjoy creating content, products, and experiences that move people, and that brings levity and joy to their lives
- Highly creative problem solver - looks for solutions and opportunities to add value
- Managing and working with a variety of people on projects
- Enjoys day-to-day maintenance and optimization of a website and other customer journey touchpoints
- Proficient with Shopify, Air Table, Process Street, Google Analytics and GSuite
- Ability to remain calm under pressure