Job Title: Marketplace Product Manager
Want to be part of a startup that’s helping craft the future of work? Want to help build a new product that connects thousands of business owners and freelancers around the world?
Location: New York City
Comp range: $80-$90K plus equity
Benefits: Healthcare with dental/vision options, pre-tax subway pass, gym membership discounts, company outings, etc.
Empower the modern day business owner to succeed with instant access to high-quality & affordable freelance talent. Build a global network of experts and enable freelance as the Future of Work.
Why this role exists:
We need a hands-on product manager to focus on onboarding and engaging freelancers who have been accepted to join the expert network. They are responsible for freelancer retention & happiness, making sure the marketplace dynamics are always in sync, and solving problems. Their goal is to create and scale an 11-star expert experience which means experts get paid and customers get problems solved.
What’s in it for me?
Get in early at a well-funded startup, hone your skills as a product manager, and work with friendly people that get things done.
- 3+ years in a product-focused role at fast-paced, data-driven companies with strong mentors to learn from.
- Technical background or experience working with engineers.
- Extra points if you’ve tried freelancing before and understand that perspective first-hand.
- Create and optimize the ideal onboarding experience for experts to successfully join network and get to work.
- Scale manual processes to enable growing network by nearly 50 experts a month.
- Create and optimize engagement experience for experts to make sure we fight churn and have strong retention.
- Interview experts and run experiments to test new ways to improve the expert experience and implement behavioral policies.
- Work with marketplace team to build acquisition model based on current/projected demand for different skills & time zones.
- Pick up the phone when needed to help an expert be successful.
- Analytical systems thinker.
- Product manager + scale mindset.
- Community building & engagement.
- Wear a lot of different hats and interact with a lot different people within and outside of the company
- Ability to seamlessly switch between being “on the front line” manually solving problems and categorizing those “system failures” to create a better product experience next time.
- Enough technical understanding to fluently talk with tech freelancers.
- Strong analytical chops: Google Analytics, Excel.
- Excellent written communication: FAQs + copywriting + internal Google Docs.
- Proven product experience: tech specs, prototyping, Trello, interfacing with engineers.
Personal + Professional Attributes:
- Motivated & driven
- Passionate & high-energy
- Intellectual honesty
- Not afraid to fail
- Comfortable without big team/resource support
- Can’t be easily “blocked”
- Values good design