Can inventory management and logistics change the world? Maybe. And you can help the process by bringing your stellar experience to our organization! Make a positive impact with a sustainable organization within the housewares space.
Location: Manhattan, NY
Comp range: 85-105k
- Premium healthcare benefits including medical, dental and vision (approximately 70% covered depending on your plan) & FSA
- Paid volunteer days, so you can spend time impacting the cause of your choice
- Discounted gym membership
- Meditation Mondays
- Financial Wellness such as 401k Plan & Pre-tax commuter benefits
Why this role exists: Reporting to the Director of Operations, you will work closely with all departments, from Sales to Product Development to Accounting, to help manage the day-to-day of our fast-growing consumer goods brands.
What’s in it for me?: An opportunity to work for a mission-focused organization that has a global footprint in sustainable housewares and be part of a smart, ambitious, and fast moving team.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain or similar major
- 3-5 years of consumer goods operational experience in inventory planning and logistics
- Experience in small, fast-growing organizations
- Excellent organization and project management skills
- Ability to think analytically and solve problems
- Self-motivated individual with supply chain, IT and accounting experience
- Knowledge of P&L reporting; ability to analyze operations performance, suggest and implement cost improvements across all supply chain functions.
- Knowledge of IT systems related to office management, ERP, EDI, ecommerce
- Familiarity with Quickbooks and Netsuite preferred
- Advanced experience in Excel required, pivot tables; v-lookup; solver and ability to write nested formula statements.
Personal + Professional Attributes:
- Ambitious, self-motivated
- Positive can-do attitude
- Execution driven
- Problem solver
- Willing to share ideas in a constructive manner
Inventory Management & Planning
- Manage and improve inventory tracking and analysis
- Own the inventory planning and purchasing process
- Create and oversee all US purchasing needs
- Lead the 3PL warehouse relationships – including account management, pricing negotiation, policy adherence [improvements!] and billing disputes
- Manage special Projects (rework, product displays, etc) as needed
- Oversight of all SKU details and catalog data management
- Jointly develops planning and production schedules for finished goods, new product launches and discontinued item planning
- Coordinates with Product Development, Finance, Sales and overseas Order Management team to ensure on-time, cost efficient delivery of goods.
- Leads weekly planning meetings that include representatives from Product Development, Sales and Marketing
- Communicates daily with overseas suppliers resolving any manufacturing and production issues (e.g. material shortages, production delays and other potential delays).
- Product Lifecycle management from market launches, manufacturing, production, component and warehouse SKU cleanup (i.e globally closing out a SKU by exhausting all components, packaging and other materials)
- Begin developing metric systems for identifying areas of opportunity for improvement.
- Generate Department Reports such as inventory updates, production forecasting and out of stock planning
- Ad-hoc analysis as required.
- Manage relationships with freight carriers; negotiate pricing
- Lead dispute and chargeback process to lower COGS and deductions
- Maintain knowledge of all open orders, troubleshoot late or unfillable orders and brainstorm solutions for scheduling and fulfilment.
- Warehouse oversight with B2B and B2C facilities. Create and implement procedures to lower fulfilment costs.
- Improve company order management and processing.
- Evaluate technology solutions for implementation to increase supply chain efficiency.
- Commission Review and Generate Monthly Commission Reports
- Reconcile inventory locations and ecommerce fulfilment accounts monthly
- Other accounting responsibilities possible based on experience and interest in learning more about this department.