Job title: Product Manager
Location: Huntington Beach, CA (onsite role)
Comp range: $130K - $145K
- Health/dental/vision (full coverage for employees, partial for dependents)
- Industry competitive compensation and stock option plan
- Unlimited time off and sick days
- Relocation assistance provided if applicable
Looking to propel a startup with your product management expertise? Want to leverage your proven high-growth experience and role-up-your-sleeves work ethic to have a lasting impact? Do you love new innovation and have an interest in building and growing a revolutionary product? If so, we would love for you to apply!
At skyTran, we are an ambitious team who hate traffic. We are building a breakthrough magnetic levitation transportation technology to reduce commute times by 4x. We are a Series B company backed by great investors including Eric Schmidt’s Innovation Endeavors and Reliance Industries, India’s largest private corporation. Our mission is to build mobility that delights riders, connects communities and develops beautiful and livable cities.
Why this role exists
We need a Product Manager that will own product planning and product management for significant elements of the skyTran system. We are seeking a seasoned professional, with demonstrated success in the development and commercialization of complex hardware/software system products. The selected individual will formulate and execute systematic customer needs research, analyze and communicate the results, and ensure that customer requirements are embedded into our product development plans.
- 5+ years of experience in software and hardware (systems) product planning and management, with at least 2 years in a product ownership role
- Background in engineering or otherwise highly technical roles
- Strong background in PDP / NPI / Stage Gate other structured product processes
- *Transit industry experience desired but not required
- You will own product planning and product management for significant elements of the skyTran system.
- You will formulate and execute systematic customer needs research, analyze and communicate the results, and ensure that customer requirements are embedded into our product development plans.
- You will engage with product users and other stakeholders to define features and requirements for our world-class transportation system.
- You will work directly with Engineering and Program Management to balance marketing inputs with solid business decision-making.
- You will ensure functional requirements are effectively captured, planned, and delivered by Engineering.
- You will identify opportunities to innovate in the planning and deployment of disruptive infrastructure.
- You will communicate effectively with all external skyTran stakeholders.
- You will support Marketing, Business Development, and Sales throughout commercialization.
- Extensive experience playing a critical role in a high-growth environment
- Designed and executed a customer discovery process for a new product and is well versed in direct professional customer interactions
- Worked in product development in a regulated space
- Proven success in product management for a complex technology start-up
- Very strong interpersonal skills, driving alignment between engineering, marketing, and program management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, especially in conveying technical content to general audiences.
- Is excited to travel in pursuit of building a globally-transformational product
- Enjoys breaking down complex problems into fundamentals, and building a focused strategy and plan
- Bias towards data-based decision-making for product definition that incorporates customer needs research data, market analysis, and ROI/financial considerations
In the first 90-days on the job, you will
- Learn the system and learn everything about the product.
- Be directly involved in customer surveys and engagement
In the first year, you will
- Be performing the functions of your role fully
- Launch profitable products that win market acceptance, meeting the needs of all the stakeholders