Job Title: Growth Marketing Manager
Want to be part of a startup that’s helping craft the future of work? Want to help build a new product that connects thousands of business owners and freelancers around the world?
Location: New York City
Comp range: $80-$90K plus equity
Benefits: Healthcare with dental/vision options, pre-tax subway pass, gym membership discounts, company outings, etc.
Empower the modern day business owner to succeed with instant access to high-quality & affordable freelance talent. Build a global network of experts and enable freelance as the Future of Work.
Why this role exists:
As the second hire on the marketing team, you’ll help drive new customer growth and strong repeat usage. We’ve seen good early traction so far and need your experience + hustle to scale up to the next level.
What’s in it for me?
Get in early at a well-funded startup, hone your skills as a full stack marketer, and work with friendly people that get things done.
- 4+ years in a marketing role at fast-paced, data-driven companies with strong mentors to learn from.
- Strategic + execution experience across multiple channels: paid search, content, affiliate, etc.
- Extra points if you already have a Shopify/Squarespace website or run a side business and understand the customer perspective first-hand.
- Manage & optimize paid acquisition campaigns for both search & retargeting to drive new traffic.
- Analyze channel & funnel metrics to understand and calculate CAC by cohort.
- Brainstorm & execute new acquisition ideas and experiments to drive new traffic and learn what works.
- Write compelling copy for ads and landing pages as well as longer form blog posts & email newsletters to entice and engage new/existing customers.
- Pitch & manage affiliates and co-marketing partners to tap into existing audiences similar to our target.
- Pick up the phone when needed to convince a warm lead to become a happy customer.
- Test retention and winback campaigns to drive repeat use.
- Can wear a lot of different hats on the marketing team, while operating within an analytical framework focused on driving customer growth.
- Independent and confident enough to launch your “first draft” of something and not wait for approval or assistance.
- Proven experience in paid marketing: AdWords, Facebook Business Manager, SEMrush, Unbounce, etc.
- Strong analytical chops: Google Analytics, Excel.
- Excellent written communication: copywriting, blog posts, social, internal Google Docs.
- Bonus: Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, or Canva experience.
Personal + Professional Attributes:
- Motivated & driven
- Passionate & high-energy
- Intellectual honesty
- Not afraid to fail
- Comfortable without big team/resource support
- Can’t be easily “blocked”
- Values good design