Job Title: Head of Growth
Location: Venice, CA
Comp range: 100-160k base, with bonus tied to results
Benefits: Full benefits
The Company’s mission: Seed is an ecosystem of scientists, doctors, innovators, thinkers, and storytellers pioneering the inquiry and application of microbiome science to improve human and planetary health.
Why this role exists: Reporting to the Co-CEO, you will steward the growth and loyalty of our community both quantitatively and qualitatively. This role exists to use traditional channels with non-traditional thinking and to explore non-traditional channels with a lens of innovation, thinking always of how can we expand who we serve and deepen our engagement with those we do. This is an opportunity to marry art and science, brand and data ,and to extract value from the tension between them.
- 5+ years in fast-growing DTC subscription commerce, but open to related experience
- Bonus: previous experience with direct response, consumer health and/or wellness
- Optional: Bachelors in related field
- You will create and communicate weekly strategies that are agile and adaptive through multiple channels.
- You will create strategies and tactics that lead to exponential growth on traditional paid social channels (including but not limited to Facebook + Instagram)
- You will grow traction on non-traditional channels with unique cohorts
- You will show mastery of channel-specific USP’s through messaging and assets that lead to conversion and retention of customers
- You will oversee CRM and create loyalty strategies that result in above average retention rates
- You will track and communicate metrics, on a weekly basis, that not only inspire and motivate the team, but also educate them about why we do what we do on the growth side of the business
- You will create and execute on educational campaigns, incorporated across channels for lead generation, conversion and retention of customers
- You will oversee and manage outside agencies
- You will contribute to a culture of curiosity by asking big questions and structuring experiments to learn
- Creative in monetizing and extracting value from earned and organic media
- Strong quantitative + qualitative monitoring of data
- Strong pattern recognition and cross-channel analysis
- Systemic, strategic thinking
- Extraordinary multi-channel, multi-tasking, multi-project management
- Deep knowledge of all tools and related software across Facebook, IG, Google Analytics + Google Ad Services, Segment, Klaviyo, Sprout Social, ShopifyPlus, AdRoll, Taboolah, Outbrain, and many others that you will know better than we do.
- Ability to use email clients/CRMs for acquisition, conversion and retention
- Ninja-level excel reporting skills
Personal + Professional Attributes:
- Incessant monitoring of trends, algorithm changes, new tools, platforms and anything that would make you better at your role.
- Highly creative and curious
- Passion for learning and ability to synthesize what you’re learning and apply it across the company.
- High empathy and emotional intelligence
- Intensely accountable, highly demanding of themselves and others on team
- Deep sense of ownership
- Problem solver
- Passionate and optimistic
- Lack of ego