Job Title: Graphic Designer
Want to be part of a startup that’s helping craft the future of work? Want to help build a new product that connects thousands of business owners and freelancers around the world?
Location: New York City
Comp range: $60-$80K plus equity
Benefits: Healthcare with dental/vision options, pre-tax subway pass, gym membership discounts, company outings, etc.
Empower the modern day business owner to succeed with instant access to high-quality & affordable freelance talent. Build a global network of experts and enable freelance as the Future of Work.
Why this role exists:
This role is in charge of creating all visual creative assets to bring the Lorem brand to life and help with marketing efforts to drive customer growth.
What’s in it for me?
Get in early at a well-funded startup, hone your skills as a creative, and work with friendly people that get things done.
- 3+ years in a design role at a fast-paced, data-driven company or agency with strong mentors to learn from.
- Experience designing and building landing pages (Unbounce/Webflow/etc) and creating visual ad content from scratch.
- Strategic + execution experience with a strong portfolio across multiple digital mediums.
- Extra points if you’ve tried freelancing before and understand that perspective first-hand or have your own Shopify/Squarespace site and understand the customer perspective.
- Translate brand into compelling marketing collateral from concept to final production across all our digital platforms: website, landing pages, email newsletters, ad content, social, etc.
- Brainstorm creative content & campaigns with marketing team to find new customers.
- Maintain and elevate Lorem brand to stand out from competition and make customer acquisition easier.
- A/B test multiple ideas to optimize campaigns for better results.
- Write compelling copy for ads and landing pages.
- Interview customers to get qualitative feedback on how we can improve our brand/marketing.
- Strong design sense and clean, modern aesthetic.
- Not married to one design style and able to mold content/message depending on the medium.
- High throughput in brainstorming (here’s 10 quick ideas/sketches) with intense focus/attention to detail in final production.
- Wear a lot of different hats and interact with a lot different people.
- Independent and confident enough to create things from scratch without approval or assistance.
- Strong graphic/web design skills: Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch.
- Relevant digital marketing experience + understanding of funnels: paid social, email, content, etc.
- Must be able to design/build landing pages: Webflow, Unbounce.
- Excellent written communication + copywriting.
- Bonus: HTML/CSS. + CMS (WordPress) experience.
- Bonus: photography + video.
Personal + Professional Attributes:
- Motivated & driven
- Passionate & high-energy
- Intellectual honesty
- Not afraid to fail
- Comfortable without big team/resource support
- Can’t be easily “blocked”
- Values good design