Job Title: Senior Digital Designer
Want to be part of a startup that’s helping craft the future of work? Want to help build a new product that connects thousands of business owners and freelancers around the world?
Location: Dumbo, Brooklyn, New York
Comp range: $90-$110K plus equity
Benefits: Healthcare with dental/vision options, pre-tax subway pass, gym membership discounts, company outings, etc.
Empower the modern day business owner to succeed with instant access to high-quality & affordable freelance talent. Build a global network of experts and enable freelance as the Future of Work.
Why this role exists:
This role is in charge of creating all visual creative assets to bring the Lorem brand to life.
What’s in it for me?
Get in early at a well-funded startup, hone your skills as a creative, and work with friendly people that get things done.
- 5+ years in a design role at a fast-paced, data-driven company or agency with strong mentors to learn from.
- Experience designing and building landing pages (Unbounce/Webflow/etc) and creating visual ad content from scratch.
- Strategic + execution experience with a strong portfolio across multiple digital mediums.
- Extra points if you’ve tried freelancing before and understand that perspective first-hand or have your own Shopify/Squarespace site and understand the customer perspective.
- Translate brand into compelling design from concept to final production across all our digital platforms: website, landing pages, email newsletters, ad content, social, etc.
- Maintain and elevate Lorem brand to stand out from competition and make customer acquisition easier.
- A/B test multiple ideas to optimize campaigns for better results.
- Write compelling copy for ads and landing pages.
- Interview customers to get qualitative feedback on how we can improve our brand.
- Strong design sense and clean, modern aesthetic.
- Not married to one design style and able to mold content/message depending on the medium.
- High throughput in brainstorming (here’s 10 quick ideas/sketches) with intense focus/attention to detail in final production.
- Wear a lot of different hats and interact with a lot different people.
- Independent and confident enough to create things from scratch without approval or assistance.
- Strong graphic/web design skills: Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch.
- Relevant digital experience + understanding of funnels: paid social, email, content, etc.
- Must be able to design/build landing pages: Webflow, Unbounce.
- Excellent written communication + copywriting.
- Bonus: HTML/CSS. + CMS (WordPress) experience.
- Bonus: photography + video.
Personal + Professional Attributes:
- Motivated & driven
- Passionate & high-energy
- Intellectual honesty
- Not afraid to fail
- Comfortable without big team/resource support
- Can’t be easily “blocked”
- Values good design