Job Title: Director of Sales - Consumer Goods
Come join us in our fabulous NYC office as we bring great design and sustainable, environmentally responsible products to the world! Each team member’s entrepreneurial contributions and creativity are valued and rewarded as we rapidly grow, improving the lives of our customers and our planet.
Comp range: $150-200K (including bonus package)
- Premium healthcare benefits including medical, dental and vision (approximately 70% covered depending on your plan) & FSA
- Paid volunteer days, so you can spend time impacting the cause of your choice
- Discounted gym membership
- Summer Fridays
- Financial Wellness such as 401k Plan & Pre-tax commuter benefits
- PTO: 3 Weeks + 5 Sick Days and holidays
Company Mission: Create design-forward, sustainable housewares.
Why this role exists: Reporting to the CEO, you will be given the opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial environment, exercise creativity and help lead rapid growth for our young, creative housewares brands. We are a B-Corp in the health & wellness industry looking for someone with experience in wholesale sales who can grow our sales team and set winning strategies to lead our brands to the next level.
What’s in it for me?: Every day here is a little bit different, but always dynamic and exciting. You will be leading an ambitious and motivated sales team, mentoring and inspiring them. You will be a part of the executive team, crafting the company’s growth strategy and helping to make key decisions. You will direct sales strategies nationally and across several sales channels and product categories, also while growing your own key retailer relationships.
- 10+ years wholesale sales experience selling to mass market retailers (such as Target, Amazon, Container Store, Bed Bed & Beyond, etc)
- Experience working with reps, international distributors and housewares retailers
- 4+ years leadership/Management experience and passion for growing and mentoring a sales team
- Experience in industries such as housewares, beauty, health & wellness, consumer packaged goods, hardware, grocery, or specialty items
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university
- Designing and executing world-class strategies focusing on national sales growth
- Work cross-functionally with Operations on fulfillment, and with Marketing on promotions and tradeshows
- Influence product development, as well as brand marketing, by bringing your sales experience and knowledge to the table
- Mentoring and developing our sales team
- Strong understanding of the retail marketplace
- Data analytics and the ability to effectively communicate/present key findings
- Interest in pursuing, growing and maintaining existing and new relationships
- Ready to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment with an awesome product
- A real passion for social and environmental responsibility a plus
- Ability to be diplomatic and bring people together to make decisions
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, intelligent, a team player, great sense of humor and just a nice person to be around
- Self-starter, and able to work proactively with little oversight/direction
Bonus Points If You Have
- Familiarity with CRM systems, especially from a management level
- Familiarity with consumer planning platforms, such as IRI
- Experience tracking sales metrics to lead and develop your team
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.